Saturday, May 2, 2009

Back for the First Time!

So here I am. First blog ever (By the way, I think 'blog' is the weirdest word in history. Why not 'public diary' or something? Just makes more sense to me.). Since I've worked in the health & fitness and athletic performance industry for what seems like forever, I'm constantly getting grilled about weight loss/gain strategies, training techniques, sports supplementation, etc. It's not that I don't enjoy answering these questions all of the time. Hell, it's my job! So I recently decided that doing this whole blog thing would be a productive and convenient way to help deal with a lot of those questions that I so often receive.

So what should you expect from my blog? First and foremost, you should know that I'm a versatile kind of guy with a wide variety of interests. That's important to know, because I want to be as broad as possible with my topics so that there will always be something for someone. Most guys are interested in weight loss or weight gain. A few guys want to be the next great Olympic weightlifter. Damn-near every guy wants a bigger bench press. Some fellas are prepping for triathlons. Get the point? But aside from fitness and nutrition, I want to cover various men's lifestyle topics such as fashion, etiquette, music, and women from time to time as well (Now's the time where I mention that I'm an avid reader of Esquire and GQ magazines in my spare time. Told ya I was kinda versatile.). So think of my blog as a combination of Men's Health, Esquire, Flex, Maxim, and a National Strength and Conditioning Association Research Journal. Versatile indeed.

Well, there you have it! A quick summary of what www.manamongstboys.com is all about. I truly hope you'll enjoy it. Feel free to leave comments or questions whenever you see fit. As a side note for you gents that are in to fashion as much as I am, check out the blog site www.tweedandvelvet.com. It's a VERY informative blog kept by the gentleman who won Esquire Magazine's Best Dressed Real Man in America contest last year. The guy is an absolute fashion wizard, an average Joe like you and I, and a big part of my inspiration for doing this blog. Happy reading!

Now... What are you going to do?

CAS